2024 ICD-10-PCS Professional (eBook)
Optum | 2024 |
The ICD-10-PCS Professional (eBook) is our version with the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and all the supplementary appendixes required for reporting of inpatient procedures. In addition, you will find the familiar Optum coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon, including the Medicare Code Edits (MCE) for the ICD-10 MS-DRG reimbursement system.
Intuitively organized into sections of code tables and supplementary definitions tables and device and body part keys, the Optum ICD-10-PCS codebook sets the standard for coding accuracy, which is the cornerstone of healthcare analytics and revenue cycle management.
- Optum Edge — Color-coding and symbols for Medicare Code Edits. Includes our hallmark color-coding and symbols identifying ICD-10 MS-DRG MCEs for non-covered procedures, limited coverage procedures, combination only procedures, non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment, non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment, hospital acquired condition (HAC) related procedures, and new technology add-on payment (NTAP).
- Approach illustrations. The approach illustrations show components that determine the approach, including access location, method, and instrumentation.
- Body part definitions included in root operation tables. All terms listed in the body part definition appendix are included in the root operation tables for the Medical/Surgical section eliminating the need to reference the appendixes when selecting the correct body part value.
- Illustrations. Illustrations of body parts with body part values accompany the Character Meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical section.
- Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
- Product Updates. Code changes and updates will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com to our valued ICD-10-PCS customers.
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIT, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT coding. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, DRG validation, as well as CPT code assignments for same-day surgery cases. She has conducted coding training and auditing, including DRG validation, conducted electronic health record training, and worked with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).