2023 Coders’ Desk Reference for ICD-10-PCS Procedures (eBook)
Optum | 2023 |
The Coders’ Desk Reference for ICD-10-PCS Procedures addresses the challenge of translating common procedural nomenclature used by providers to the corresponding ICD-10-PCS coding terminology. Correct procedure coding is dependent on the ability of the coder to translate the terminology in provider documentation to the appropriate procedural terminology of ICD-10-PCS.
This resource is organized by common procedural nomenclature used in the hospital setting and then linked to the related root operation table(s); the procedure is described in layman’s terms, translated to ICD-10-PCS root operation terminology, and the corresponding root operation table(s) is identified.
• Optum Edge — Lay description. Updated with the 2023 ICD-10-PCS codes, lay descriptions are provided for the ICD-10-PCS procedures commonly performed inpatient procedures. Corresponding ICD-10-PCS root operations are identified and defined.
• Optum Edge — Clinical focus points. When more than one root operation may apply, key procedural terms differentiating the root operations are highlighted in focus points to ensure that the correct root operation is selected.
• Optum Edge — Illustrations at the code level. Illustrations of pertinent anatomy and surgical procedures are included to enhance understanding.
• Ease of use. Developed to work hand-in-hand with your Optum ICD-10-PCS codebook.
• Enhance understanding of ICD-10-PCS. The lay descriptions were developed to enhance understanding of the ICD-10-PCS terminology and definitions of root operations, body parts, approaches, devices, and qualifiers.
• Designed for novices and seasoned coders. The lay descriptions, illustrations, and other supplemental resources contained in this resource are designed for coders of all skill levels.
Karen Krawzik, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.