2023 CPT® Professional (Spiral) and E/M Companion Bundle
American Medical Association | 2023
2023 CPT® Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Healthcare professionals want accurate reporting of services rendered and reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with 2023 CPT® Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) code set. No other codebook has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly.
The 2023 CPT® E/M Companion is the definitive AMA-authored supplement reference guide to the CPT® 2023 Professional Edition. It is designed to help users understand the changes to certain evaluation and management (E/M) services; how to report these new and revised or consolidated codes; and how to apply the revised and new guidelines effective January 1, 2023
To enable consistency with the 2021 revisions to the E/M office and other outpatient codes, the 2023 E/M changes will provide users with a streamlined set of E/M guidelines that apply across multiple sites of service; revisions to code descriptors that reflect the structure approved in the office visit revisions; and a uniform Medical Decision Making (MDM) table for all the sites of services noted, as well as office or other outpatient visits.
The 2023 CPT® Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations. Provides cross-referenced information to popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set.
- A comprehensive index. Helps locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation quickly.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations. Improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and services/procedures discussed with illustrations.
- Overall code book table of contents. Use for a quick search of the entire code book’s content for quick access.
- Section table of contents. A useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes.
- Complete list of the additions, deletions and revisions for codes and code descriptors. A summary and quick reference of the 2023 changes in the codes without having to compare editions.
- Multiple appendices. Offers additional information for modifiers, add-on codes, images vascular families, re-sequenced codes, MAAAs and PLA services, COVID-19 vaccines and administration codes, and digital medicine-services taxonomy.
- New Appendix S. Covers artificial Intelligence Taxonomy (AI) for Medical Services and Procedures and provides guidance for classifying various AI applications of AI for medical services and procedures.
- New Appendix T. Covers synchronous Telemedicine Service Rendered Via Telephone or Other Real-Time Interactive Audio-Only Telecommunications System and lists all audio-only telemedicine CPT® codes.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables. Aids physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.
2023 CPT® E/M Companion
- Understand and navigate the 2023 E/M revisions that have been made across numerous service groups. Focuses namely inpatient and observation care services; consultations services; emergency department services; nursing facility services; home and residence services; and prolonged services.
- Detailed review of the changes, along with key practical coding and reporting considerations. Supports correct use of the new and revised codes.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.