2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals with Guidelines (eBook)
Optum | 2023 |
The 2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals with Guidelines (eBook), with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
- NEW — Optum Edge — ICONS for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, unspecified site codes, unspecified codes, HCCs, and more.
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates, as well as updateable files for MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com for our valued ICD-10-CM customers.
- Coding tips and clinical definitions. Coding tips assist in appropriate code selection, while clinical definitions provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2023 new, revised, and deleted codes. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial; code lists for CC, MCC and other valuable appendixes.
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIT, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT coding. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, DRG validation, as well as CPT code assignments for same-day surgery cases. She has conducted coding training and auditing, including DRG validation, conducted electronic health record training, and worked with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).