2024 ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals separate Guidelines (Softbound)
Optum | 2024 |
The 2024 ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals, with early delivery, uses our hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Guaranteed delivery before October 1, 2023. The timing of CMS release of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting might not allow for early delivery. Therefore, this early delivery version might contain the 2023 guidelines. A booklet containing the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2024 will be shipped separately if the 2024 guidelines are not available at the time this edition goes to press.
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, unspecified site codes, unspecified codes, HCCs, and more.
- Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates, as well as updateable files for MCCs, CC Excludes, PDX collection and POA exempt codes will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com for our valued ICD-10-CM customers.
- Coding tips and clinical definitions. Coding tips assist in appropriate code selection, while clinical definitions provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2024 new, revised, and deleted codes. Plus, an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus, many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIA, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT® with more than 15 years’ experience in coding in multiple settings, including inpatient, observation, and same-day surgery. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, and DRG validation. She has conducted training for ICD-10-CM/PCS and electronic health record. She has also collaborated with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, DRG, and CPT®. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.