2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice with Guidelines (eBook)
Optum | 2023 |
The 2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice with Guidelines eBook, with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Use the codebook that contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set and the familiar Optum coding and reimbursement alerts for home health and hospice, including color bars and symbols that identify diagnosis codes for case mix, non-routine supplies, and non-cancer hospice diagnoses. Coding tips and definitions of commonly treated conditions specific to home health and hospice are also included.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional information covering home health and hospice prospective payment systems, quality initiatives, supplies OASIS, and case mix groups.
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com for our valued ICD-10-CM customers.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2023 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIT, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT coding. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, DRG validation, as well as CPT code assignments for same-day surgery cases. She has conducted coding training and auditing, including DRG validation, conducted electronic health record training, and worked with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).