2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for SNF & Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities with Guidelines (Spiral)
Optum | 2023 |
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities with Guidelines uses our hallmark features and format, making facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set with Optum coding and reimbursement alerts for SNF and IRF, including color-coding and symbols identifying diagnoses for components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) and RIC. Coding tips and definitions of commonly treated conditions specific to these PAC settings are also included.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April, and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional coding and reimbursement information on PDPM for SNF and IRF services, and Medicare coverage, quality initiatives, and long-term care guidelines.
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com for our valued ICD-10-CM customers.
- Coding tips and clinical definitions. Coding tips assist in appropriate code selection, while clinical definitions provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2023 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Snap tabs. Easy-to-use tabs fit the spiral binding providing reference index sections, tabular chapters, and appendixes.
Leanne Patterson, CPC
Ms. Patterson has more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding, with expertise in E/M coding and auditing, and HIPAA compliance. Her experience includes general surgery coding, serving as Director of Compliance, conducting chart-to-claim audits, and physician education. She has been responsible for coding and denial management in large multi-specialty physician practices, and most recently has been part of a team developing content for educational products related to ICD-10-CM. Ms. Patterson is credentialed by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).