2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines (Spiral)
Optum | 2023 |
The 2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of physicians, the Optum codebook contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, which is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement. Symbols in the tabular section identify codes associated with CMS quality payment program (QPP) measures and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used in risk adjustment (RA) coding.
Due to supply chain issues, you may experience a delay in receiving your copy/copies of the 2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines. If there is one, a complimentary copy of the corresponding eBook(s) will be provided for your use to help bridge the gap until your printed copy/copies arrive. We apologize for the inconvenience such a delay may cause.
- Due to supply chain issues, you may experience a delay in receiving your copy/copies of the 2023 ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians with Guidelines. If there is one, a complimentary copy of the corresponding eBook(s) will be provided for your use to help bridge the gap until your printed copy/copies arrive. We apologize for the inconvenience such a delay may cause.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons identifying RxHCCs and ESRD HCCs. Quickly identify the RxHCC and ESRD/PACE ICD-10-CM codes used in risk adjustment coding by Medicare Advantage Plans.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons identifying HHS-HCCs. Easily identify the Department of Health and Human Services HHS-HCCs used by commercial insurance companies.
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, QPP, HCCs, unspecified codes, and more.
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates will be made available on the Optum Product Update page on optumcoding.com for our valued ICD-10-CM customers.
- Coding tips and clinical definitions. Coding tips assist in appropriate code selection, while clinical definitions provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2023 new, revised, and deleted codes. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Supplementary appendixes. Pharmacology listings, Z codes for long-term use of drugs and associated drug names, and Z codes used only as primary diagnosis.
- Snap tabs. Easy-to-use tabs fit the spiral binding providing reference to index sections, tabular chapters, and appendixes.
Leanne Patterson, CPC
Ms. Patterson has more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding, with expertise in E/M coding and auditing, and HIPAA compliance. Her experience includes general surgery coding, serving as Director of Compliance, conducting chart-to-claim audits, and physician education. She has been responsible for coding and denial management in large multi-specialty physician practices, and most recently has been part of a team developing content for educational products related to ICD-10-CM. Ms. Patterson is credentialed by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).